Apply to Become a Tutor
Peer Tutors must have the following qualifications:
- current enrollment as a student at Webster;
- faculty recommendation and/or an "A" grade in the courses they propose to tutor;
- good interpersonal skills; and
- a desire to help other students succeed academically.
A tutor application must be filled out and dropped off or faxed to the ARC.
A brief interview with the Tutoring Program Coordinator may occur at the time of application or in a later appointment.
The applicant may be asked to provide additional proofs of competence or recommendations.
Once an application is accepted, the peer tutor must cooperate with both Peer Tutoring and Student Employment to complete any necessary paperwork so that s/he can be added to the University payroll.
Academic Resource Center
40 Loretto Hall
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
- Academic Resource Center Home
- Academic Counseling
- Accessibility Committee
- Assistive Technology
- Faculty Resources
- Meet Our Staff
- Plagiarism Prevention
- Student Resources
- Testing Center
- Tutor and Writing Coach Schedules
- Writing Center & Online Writing Center