The Writing Center offers free and friendly writing advice to all students, staff, and faculty at Webster University. Our trained coaches will help with every stage of the writing process, from brainstorming ideas to documenting sources.
We work with all levels of writers and projects, including reports; résumés and cover letters; admission essays and personal statements; summaries, critical analyses, and literature reviews; research and term papers; theses and dissertations; and more.
We also offer an Online Writing Center for Webster graduate students and for undergraduates at our extended campuses. Other resources on this website include our mission statement, our staff listing, a selection of our writing tips, and somehelpful links for writing and citation.
The Coaching Session at a Glance
We believe we will better assist you as "coaches" than as proofreaders or editors of your work. In your session, a coach will:
- Ask questions about the assignment and your paper.
- Read your paper.
- Comment on global issues (focus, development, organization, logic, clarity).
- Help you determine where you might tighten and polish your prose.
- Discuss documentation and citation conventions.
- Point out patterns of mechanical and grammatical problems and provide suggestions on how you can learn to recognize and correct them.
Writing Center Hours
40 Loretto Hall
Regular Semester Hours:
Mon - Thurs
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
Click here to schedule an appointment. For hours during breaks and inter-sessions, call 314-246-8644
- Academic Resource Center Home
- Academic Counseling
- Accessibility Committee
- Assistive Technology
- Faculty Resources
- Meet Our Staff
- Peer Tutoring
- Plagiarism Prevention
- Student Resources
- Testing Center
- Writing Center