Transfer Student Guide


Admissions Policies

When considering an application, Webster looks for evidence of potential for academic success. A cumulative GPA on all college level coursework of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is preferred; however, each applicant is given individual consideration. If you have circumstances, which might affect your admission, they may be discussed confidentially with a member of the admissions staff. The University operates on rolling admission, and application files are reviewed by Admissions as soon as all requested credentials have been received.


Admissions Procedures

If you wish to enroll as a degree-seeking student, you must first apply for admission to the University. The application process requires you to submit to the Admissions Office the following credentials:

  • A completed application for undergraduate transfer admission.
  • A $35 non-refundable application processing fee.
  • A 300-500 word essay on the topic of your choice.
    • Evening students must submit an autobiographical essay or a professional resume.
    • Transfer students may submit a short paper written for a college class.
  • An official transcript mailed directly from each college, university or other post-secondary institution attended showing all work attempted to date. (If you have completed fewer than 30 credit hours, you must also submit a copy of your high school transcript or GED scores.)
  • Art, dance, music, and theatre students must arrange an audition/interview.
  • B.S.N. students should contact the Director of Nursing at 314-968-7483 for additional credentials and requirements.

All transfer coursework must be college-level (100-level or above) with a passing grade. Pass/Fail courses will count for transfer credit if the student received a Pass. Repeated courses – only the second grade will be counted. Incomplete grades are not accepted in transfer. Courses completed with a grade of D have severe transfer restrictions and generally are not applicable toward major or general education requirements. Transfer course equivalency requirements for the major are determined by the appropriate department. See departmental transfer guides for more specific information. Formal evaluation of transfer credit is conducted by the Office of the Registrar upon admission to the University. A free estimated evaluation may be requested by contacting the Admissions Office.

Missouri Reverse Transfer Program

Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn associate's degrees. For more detailed information on Webster University's participation in the Missouri Reverse Transfer program, please click here.

Transfer of Credit with Degree

Courses included in a completed Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree, Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.) degree, Associate in Science (A.S.) degree, or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree from a regionally accredited institution will transfer to Webster University provided they are college level (100-level or above). Webster University will accept coursework completed prior to the date the degree was awarded, up to a maximum of 98 credit hours of transfer credits.

Students with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) from a regionally accredited institution will have fulfilled all of Webster University's general education requirements.

Students with an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree, Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, or Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.) degree will have their transfer coursework evaluated on a course-by-course basis for equivalency with Webster University's general education requirements.

The University will accept up to 30 credit hours,regardless of degree earned, from an institution that is nationally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Transfer of Credit with No Degree and/or Certificate

Coursework completed as part of a certificate program or coursework completed not leading to a degree will also transfer to Webster University provided it is college level (100-level or above) with a passing grade. A maximum of 64 credit hours of community college credit may be transferred without an Associate degree.