Resources for Graduate Transfer Students

Graduate Transfer Credit

If you have completed graduate courses with grades of B- or better from other regionally accredited academic institutions, or have completed professional military education and/or corporate training classes, the course work may be eligible for transfer into your graduate degree program, up to a specified maximum, depending on your Webster program. The courses must be relevant to your graduate degree with Webster University and may not have applied as credit toward another degree. Up to nine (9) semester hours may be transferred to an MBA or MS program, and up to twelve (12) semester hours may be transferred to an MA program.

Military Transfer Credit

Approval of military and corporate credit is usually based on the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations. For information about those recommendations, see ACE Military Guides and ACE National Guides. There are some Government /Military Cooperative Degree Programs that allow transfer credit independent of the ACE recommendations. For information about those programs, visit Webster's Cooperative Degree Programs page.

Requesting Transfer Credit

You must apply for admission or already be accepted to a graduate program in order for us to evaluate transcripts for transfer credit. 

To find out if your transfer credits may apply to your Webster degree, contact an advisor at your local Webster campus. If you are not close to a Webster campus, contact the Academic Advising Center or the advisor who assisted you during your initial advising session. Please provide the course numbers, course titles, number of credits and where completed. If you are asking for transferred courses to be accepted in place of a course required for the degree, we will need the course description and syllabus for the course(s) in question. Unofficial transcripts sent as attachments to an appropriate advisor are useful when requesting a preliminary transfer credit evaluation. 

All transfer credit evaluations are estimates until official transcripts are received to the appropriate campus. Students working with the home campus should have official transcripts for academic courses, or official documentation for military or corporate classes, sent to: Julie Altmann, Academic Advising Center, Webster University, 568 Garden Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63119-3248. Military forms (DA-1059 or DD-1059) are official if faxed or emailed from an authorized military educational representative. These forms are not considered official if sent directly from the student.