Resources for Incoming Freshmen
Freshman Advising and Registration Day
Through this engaging, welcoming and just plain fun program, you will create your first semester class schedule, select your first year seminar, and receive a student ID card as well as academic program information. You will also get to know your classmates and professors. Please note that you should make your travel arrangements after your appointment. Due to limited space, we will not be able to accommodate more than one guest with each student.
Sign up for an event:
- Review the advising and registration dates (PDF).
- Register for a Freshman Advising and Registration Day on the calendar. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.
- Though it is strongly recommended that Freshman students attend an event to get the fullest picture of our events and opportunities and to be welcomed to the Webster University community by faculty, staff and students, students who cannot travel to campus may schedule a phone appointment by calling (800) 982-3847.
- Use the resources listed below to make initial course selections and considerations.
Freshman Advising and Registration Day Preparation
Steps for registration.
- After you have registered for a Freshman Registration Day above, choose a First Year Seminar and an alternative.
- Review the requirements of any programs you would like to pursue, and jot down a few 1000- and 2000-level course selections that interest you.
- Review the Global Citizenship Course options. You can review the entire GCP list and/or the GCP schedule for a specific semester. Select several options.
- On the day of your appointment, bring your packet of information, registration confirmation and your own notes, as faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you register.
Students who will be registering by phone are required to have viewed both of the orientation videos listed below as well as be at a computer at the time of their call.
- Onsite students, download our orientation packet.
- If you are an online freshman, download the online orientation packet.
- Check out the video about your Connections Portal into your online student account.
Find information regarding campus life clubs & organizations, dining, housing and more here.
Get links to information about libraries, academic assistance, financial aid, drop and withdrawal dates and more here.
Webster University and the U.S. Department of Defense have worked together for over 40 years to provide high-quality and cost-effective undergraduate and graduate programs at military installations and metro locations throughout the country and online.
Academic Advising Center
Garden Park Plaza Garage
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Undergraduate Advising Resources Home
- New Freshmen
- Current, Returning & Visiting Students
- Transfer and Dual Admission Students
- Online Transfer Students
- International Students
- General Education Requirements
- Academic Advising Home
- Find Your Advisor
- Undergrad Students
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Catalogs & Schedules
- Policies & Forms
- Academic Calendar
- Online Programs
- Student Resources