Resources for Incoming Freshmen
Welcome to Webster University! We know it is an exciting time for you as you embark on the next stage of your education. You will get to focus on a particular area of study while getting the kind of general grounding that will prepare you for jobs, careers, and callings that don’t even exist yet by taking courses that will give you the knowledge and skills for responsible global citizenship in the 21st Century.
We have designed Freshman Day events that are an opportunity to meet faculty advisors, fellow students, and helpful representatives of important offices. All of us will want to welcome you and make this as informative and comfortable as possible for you and your family.
We strongly urge you to sign up below for one of these events. But, if necessary, you can meet with an advisor, often a faculty member, in person or by phone, who can help you get started.
Webster Preview Day - Dec. 9
- Make plans to attend Webster Preview Day at our beautiful campus in Webster Groves, MO
- Speak with current students and faculty
- Ask questions about financial aid, scholarships, and the admissions process
Freshman Advising and Registration Day Preparation
Steps for registration.
- Choose a First Year Seminar (and an alternative date) after registering for a Freshman Registration Day..
- Review Program Requirements and jot down a few 1000- and 2000-level course selections that interest you.
- Review the Global Citizenship Course Options and GCP Schedule for a specific semester. Select several options.
- On the day of your appointment, bring your packet of information, registration confirmation and your own notes, as faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you register.
Students who will be registering by phone are required to have viewed both of the orientation videos listed below as well as be at a computer at the time of their call.