Resources for Incoming Freshmen
Freshman Advising and Registration Day
- Create your first semester class schedule
- Select your first year seminar
- Receive a student ID card and academic program information.
- Please note that you should make your travel arrangements after your appointment. Due to limited space, we will not be able to accommodate more than one guest with each student.
- Review the Advising and Registration Dates (PDF).
- We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.
- Students who cannot travel to campus may schedule a phone appointment by calling (800) 982-3847.
- Use the resources listed below to make initial course selections and considerations.
Freshman Advising and Registration Day Preparation
Steps for registration.
- Choose a First Year Seminar (and an alternative date) after registering for a Freshman Registration Day..
- Review Program Requirements and jot down a few 1000- and 2000-level course selections that interest you.
- Review the Global Citizenship Course Options and GCP Schedule for a specific semester. Select several options.
- On the day of your appointment, bring your packet of information, registration confirmation and your own notes, as faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you register.
Students who will be registering by phone are required to have viewed both of the orientation videos listed below as well as be at a computer at the time of their call.