GMA in International Relations
Webster University's Global MA in International Relations provides full-time graduate students an opportunity to complete a master's degree and earn a specialized graduate certificate in just 11 months. Students choose a certificate and travel the world with a close-knit group of their peers, learning from Webster's expert faculty across our campus network.
Students are organized into one of four cohorts according to their certificate, and each cohort spends an eight-week term in 5 of the following locations: Accra, Ghana; Athens, Greece; Geneva, Switzerland; Havana, Cuba; Leiden, the Netherlands; Vienna, Austria; Bangkok, Thailand; Beijing, China; Washington DC, USA. All courses are taught in English, and housing needs are coordinated through the program.
Graduate students are able to complete the GMA program in 11 months because of the full-time, accelerated nature of the course offerings and program structure. The GMA curriculum combines traditional classroom courses with a professional seminar component, which presents opportunities such as visiting international organizations like the International Criminal Court and the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- Comparative and Regional Governance
- Security Studies
- International Development
- International Nongovernmental Organizations
Points of Distinction
- This one-of-a-kind program offers students the chance to earn a master's degree on multiple continents in just 11 months.
- Students travel with peers seeking the same graduate certificate for a personalized educational journey.
- Students experience unique immersion opportunities in a professional seminar, such as visits to the United Nations, OPEC, European Parliament, World Trade Organization, International Committee for the Red Cross, and International Court of Justice.
- Webster arranges housing accommodations for all Global MA students and housing during each eight-week term of study is included in the program cost.
- Our newest international study abroad sites include Havana, Cuba; Accra, Ghana; and Athens, Greece.
Global International Relations Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
Please note that the graduate certificate component of the Global Master of Arts in International Relations will be reflected in the forthcoming 2016-17 graduate catalog.
- Apply Now
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Biological Sciences
- General Studies
- History, Politics, & International Relations
- The Institute for Human Rights & Humanitarian Studies
- International Languages & Cultures
- Legal Studies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Professional Counseling
- Religious Studies
- English as a Second Language