International Nongovernmental Organizations
Students who want to make a difference in the global community learn about and study world affairs and the activities of International Nongovernmental Organizations (INGOs) that often play roles on par with government and business such as providing integral educational and health services in the developing world.
Students will be able to identify the theories, history and major actors that govern the modern operations of INGOs; critically analyze and evaluate the roles and activities of INGOs in international affairs and evaluate the consequences of the political and moral choices of INGOs.
The International Nongovernmental Organizations programs offer a foundation in International Relations, which helps business professionals and graduate students develop the specific skills needed in managerial roles within nongovernmental prganizations (NGOs) and non-profits -- skills like cross-cultural team leadership, grant writing and fundraising, negotiating skills, finance and project management. Growing employment opportunities make it possible to improve the quality of life for all persons while earning a living with organizations like Amnesty International, Novib, Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace, the International Red Cross/Red Crescent Society and United Nations support organizations.
Points of Distinction
- The opportunity to study at international campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; London, United Kingdom; and Leiden, the Netherlands.
- Students may complete internships off campus at locations around the world.
- Online courses make it possible to earn a degree while traveling.
International Nongovernmental Organizations Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Master of Arts in International Nongovernmental Organizations (M.A.)
- This program is only available at the Geneva, Switzerland campus.
- Graduate Certificate in International Nongovernmental Organizations
- Apply Now
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Biological Sciences
- General Studies
- History, Politics, & International Relations
- The Institute for Human Rights & Humanitarian Studies
- International Languages & Cultures
- Legal Studies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Professional Counseling
- Religious Studies
- English as a Second Language