The Nurse Anesthesia master's program fosters expertise in the art and science of anesthesia and prepares students for practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA).
Clinical experience is an essential component of the program and is fulfilled through partnerships with private-practice and university-based clinical facilities. By the time students graduate, they have obtained real-world clinical experiences at these institutions in a broad range of general, regional and monitored anesthesia care to adults and children.
With so many advances in the medical arena, from cell biology, biochemistry and biotechnology,
to genetics, forensics and surgery technology, the St. Louis region is in the heart
of the rapidly developing BioBelt corridor and provides top career options for Nurse
Application deadline: September 1
Nurse Anesthesia Points of Distinction
- Webster’s Nurse Anesthesia students consistently hold a 95% pass rate for first-time CRNA board exams and a 100% overall pass rate.
- The program offers more than 15 clinical sites with clinical rotations beginning in the second term of the first year (week 10). Dedicated rotations include cardiovascular, pediatrics, and obstetrics.
- Full-time Faculty hold PhD's and are specialists in their content areas. They share a passion for education and a commitment to learning.
- CRNA faculty maintain active clinical practices, reinforcing their hands-on expertise with cutting edge advancements in the field of anesthesia.
- Small class sizes create an ideal learning environment of collaboration and discovery.
- Webster offers exceptional on-campus library services with a reference librarian assigned to the nurse anesthesia program.
- The program is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA).
- Students gain valuable scholarly experience by completing, defending, and publishing a research project.
Nurse Anesthesia Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Apply Now
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Biological Sciences
- General Studies
- History, Politics, & International Relations
- The Institute for Human Rights & Humanitarian Studies
- International Languages & Cultures
- Legal Studies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Professional Counseling
- Religious Studies
- English as a Second Language