Masters in Counseling Programs Available at the Main Campus in Webster Groves, Missouri
Our professional graduate degree program is divided into the following areas of emphasis at our main campus in St. Louis with unique course requirements for each.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The MA in Counseling with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling offered at the main campus in Webster Groves, MO is accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). This is the primary emphasis pursued by our students and is designed for persons wanting to practice all types of counseling. In addition to the basic learning outcomes of the MA in Counseling, the core learning outcomes of this emphasis include:
- Apply ethical and legal standards as well as knowledge of public mental health policy, financing and regulatory processes to mental health counseling.
- Implement mental health counseling principles and practices associated with education, prevention, consultation and intervention.
- Describe how living in a multicultural society impacts clients and apply effective advocacy strategies to enhance mental health services.
- Employ various assessment techniques associated with professional mental health counseling to appropriately intervene in meeting the needs of diverse clients.
- Apply evidence-based research literature associated with professional mental health counseling to meet the needs of clients living in a diverse society.
- Implement diagnostic tools appropriate for mental health counseling professionals to diagnose disorders in diverse clients.
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.