Masters in Counseling Programs available in South Carolina
Our professional graduate degree program is divided into areas of emphasis that may not be available at all campus locations. Below is the program of study available at our South Carolina campus locations.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The MA in Counseling with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling offered at our campus locations in Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach South Carolina is accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). This is the primary emphasis pursued by our students and is designed for persons wanting to practice all types of counseling. In addition to the basic learning outcomes of the MA in Counseling, the core learning outcomes of this emphasis include:
- Apply ethical and legal standards as well as knowledge of public mental health policy, financing and regulatory processes to mental health counseling.
- Implement mental health counseling principles and practices associated with education, prevention, consultation and intervention.
- Describe how living in a multicultural society impacts clients and apply effective advocacy strategies to enhance mental health services.
- Employ various assessment techniques associated with professional mental health counseling to appropriately intervene in meeting the needs of diverse clients.
- Apply evidence-based research literature associated with professional mental health counseling to meet the needs of clients living in a diverse society.
- Implement diagnostic tools appropriate for mental health counseling professionals to diagnose disorders in diverse clients.
South Carolina MA in Counseling Locations
Outcome Survey Data
Outcomes for graduates of the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the combined South Carolina campuses of Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach.
|Graduates in Academic Year 2017-2018||55|
|Pass Rate on NCE in 2017||64.3%|
Percentage of students who graduated within 2.5 years of starting the program
Job Placement Rate
Percentage of graduates who are working full-time, part-time or are continuing their education
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.