Sustainability Studies Minor
The minor in sustainability studies provides students with an understanding of the
complex, interconnected systems that affect ecological health, economic welfare, and
social justice; the ability to recognize and analyze challenges to human and environmental
health and well-being; and the skills to help transform local and global communities
into sustainable ones.
Sustainability Studies Minor Learning Outcomes
Students who earn the minor in sustainability studies will be able to
- Explain and analyze the complex local and global systems that provide the foundation for environmental and human health and well-being.
- Integrate knowledge of ecological, economic, and social systems in order to frame challenges to sustainability and produce potential solutions.
- Communicate to explain and influence how individual and collective actions affect the environmental and social sustainability of interrelated systems.
- Evaluate policies, practices, and belief systems for their environmental, economic, and social sustainability.
- Apply principles of sustainability to transform their own lives, workplaces, and local
and global communities.
- Ancient Studies
- Center for Ethics
- European Studies
- International Studies
- Multicultural Studies
- Sustainability Studies
- Women's Studies