Women and Gender Studies Major
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 36 required credit hours
- Applicable university global citizenship or general education program hours
- A minimum of 36 credit hours must be selected from within Women and Gender Studies. Within the required 36 hours, 15 hours must be at the 3000 level and above with at least 6 hours at the 4000 level.
- Students cannot simultaneously have a major and minor or certificate in Women and Gender Studies.
- No more than 6 credit hours obtained in practica, independent learning experiences, reading courses, and assessment of prior learning may be applied toward the 36 credit hours required for a major.
- Transfer students can apply up to 15 credit hours of approved WGST course work from other colleges/universities towards the WGST major.
- Courses completed with a grade below a C- do not count toward fulfilling the specific course requirements of the major.