Global MA in International Nongovernmental Organizations
GMAINGO Admission Requirements
Application deadline date: March 1, or until the class is filled (for enrollment in August of the same year)
Prerequisites: An undergraduate or graduate-level introduction to international relations course. Applicants who do not meet the prerequisite may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
All Applicants Must Submit:
• A completed Graduate Application for Admission, which can be completed and submitted
online at http://admissions.webster.edu/admissions/graduate/application/app_login.asp.
Important Note: When asked to choose a program on the online application, applicants should select “St. Louis campuses” > “Home campus, Webster Groves” > “International Relations”, and then choose “Global International Non Governmental Organizations.” Applicants do not have to submit another application specific to the GMAINGO program.
• A $50 non-refundable application fee, which can be submitted online with the application for admission.
• An official transcript showing conferral of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Students who completed their university education outside the US must have earned a comparable recognized bachelor's degree, as determined by Webster University. Students who expect to earn their bachelor's degree by July (the month prior to the start of the program) must submit an official transcript showing current academic progress. A final degree-conferred transcript must be submitted for full admission. Applicants who have completed graduate-level work should also request an official graduate transcript to be mailed to the Office of Admission.
• Students should have a minimum GPA of a 3.0 out of a 4.0 grading scale from their bachelor's degree. Students with below this GPA may be considered for admission if they show successful academic achievement in their junior and senior years. This is completed on a case-by-case basis.
• A current resume showing educational, work and volunteer experience.
• An essay of 500-700 words, on the topic: “In your opinion, what is the biggest global problem facing the world today?”
• Two letters of recommendation which speak to the applicant's motivation, character, and ability to be successful in an intensive, 11-month graduate program that requires significant travel. One letter should come from a former or current professor/instructor. Recommendation letters should be written in narrative form and no more than one page in length. Applicants may submit recommendation letters with their application packet.
• A phone interview may be required.
In addition to the documents listed above, non-US applicants must submit an official English translation of their transcript and diploma, if applicable.
TOEFL or IELTS score - official only
|TOEFL||Paper : 575
Computer : 230
iBT : 90 - 91
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
RE: Global MA in International Nongovernmental Organizations
470 East Lockwood Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
- Cohort Route
- Grant Opportunity
- About Webster University
- Department of
& International Relations
- Environmental Management
- International Nongovernmental Organizations (INGOs)
- Global International Nongovernmental Organizations (INGOs)
- International Relations
- Global International Relations
- Legal Studies
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Science Management & Leadership
- Patent Practice
- Professional Counseling
- Thesis Requirement