The Admissions Committee for Webster's Nurse Anesthesia Program is composed of CRNA faculty, biological sciences faculty, and clinical faculty. The Admissions Committee will select 20 of the most qualified candidates considered most likely to succeed in graduate studies in nurse anesthesia. Guidelines used for admission include, but are not limited to:
- Strong academic success in previous undergraduate and/or graduate coursework.
- The quality of previous clinical experiences obtained.
- Written references submitted by faculty, supervisors, and employers.
- If granted, a personal interview and written evaluation by the Admissions Committee.
- Sound physical and emotional health (or health status that is not limiting in the ability to practice safely as a nurse anesthetists), moral character, and motivation.
- Reference checks.
Generally, 40-45 applicants will be extended an invitation to an on-campus interview.
Webster University does not deny admission on the basis of age, race, sex, color,
creed, religion, national origin, or disability. All decisions for admission are
final and not subject to appeal. The Director of the Nurse Anesthesia Program will
issue letters of: a) acceptance, b) alternate status, and c) denial in a timely manner
following the final interview for the upcoming class.
All applicants admitted to the program will be subject to licensure and criminal investigation checks.
Licensure Check - pursuant to Missouri law (660.317 RSMo), all students admitted to the Program must have a current Missouri license. All active state licenses will be checked. The check must be acceptable to the Program (and also the clinical sites) for a student to continue their enrollment.
Criminal Investigation background check - all students admitted to the program must have a federal and state background check. If an admitted student has not been a Missouri resident for 5 years, a nationwide check will be required. These checks must be acceptable to both the Program and to any clinical affiliate to which assigned.
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119