Studies show that there is a constant demand for data analysis and information analysts who can understand database, query data, perform activities in analytical processing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining. In fact, business intelligence is widely embraced by companies to help executives in decision making. More and more companies need knowledgeable people to perform analysis and increase the company's success through analytically focused strategies. That's why Webster University's Data Analytics degree and certificate programs were created.
"There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of big data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions." - McKinsey Global Institute
Points of Distinction
- Students will be successful in the process of transforming data to meaningful information and identifying new opportunities for businesses.
- Students will be armed with various technologies that support effective business decision making in today's increasingly competitive environment.
- Students will experience a broad category of applications and techniques for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data to help business users perform better decision making.
- Data Analytics online degree completion is available.
Data Analytics Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics (B.S.)
- Minor in Data Analytics
- Undergraduate Certificate in Data Analytics
About Degree Completion
- The BS in Data Analytics is considered a degree completion program at Webster University. In order to pursue a degree completion program, students must have earned either 64 hours of transferrable college credit or an associate's degree elsewhere prior to being admitted at Webster.
- Degree Completion programs are ideally suited for students with two year degrees or students who have completed several years of college but have not finished a major or wish to change majors.