Today, companies want people who can work independently to problem solve. Webster's bachelor degree in Mathematics will enable you to come up with the right answers, using skills you'll perfect in our theoretical and applied math courses.
Students preparing for a career in industries concentrating on analytical problem solving or who are preparing for graduate school in a mathematical science generally choose the bachelor of science degree. It is also a good second major if you plan to work in computer science, economics, electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry or management science.
If you want a traditional mathematics degree that will lead you to a career in teaching, industry, business or government, then a bachelor of arts Mathematics degree is your best choice. It is also a great second major if you are interested in a career in social sciences, business, humanities or fine art.
More than number crunching and memorization, Webster's bachelor degrees in Mathematics teach you about relationships, patterns and logic while providing you with analytical skills that can be used in a variety of professions. The fastest growing jobs in Math these days are actuaries, cryptographers, economists, financial analysts, mathematicians, operations research analysts, personal financial advisors, statisticians and teachers in grades ranging from kindergarten to high school.
Points of Distinction
- Course structure offers individualized instruction with small class sizes of 25 students or less.
- Math majors with a second major in Education are often hired by the districts where they did their student teaching, following certification.
- Interesting internships are available at places like the Saint Louis Science Center and Scottrade as well as at public and private middle and high schools.
Mathematics Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (B.S.)
- Minor in Mathematics
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Online Programs
- Global Hybrid Courses
- Doctoral Program
- Apply Now
- About the Walker School
- Academic Programs
- Walker EDGE
- Alumni Success
- Student Resources
- News and Events
- Walker School Dean Search
- Faculty Resources