Space Systems Operations Management
Graduate students are finding career advancement opportunities and gaining a better understanding about the environment, technology and space operations in the Space Systems Operations Management program at Webster University.
The master's degree in space systems operations management from Webster University is designed to prepare professionals and students for positions in the space industry. Most students who pursue a master's in operations management are interested in learning to apply quantitative and qualitative approaches in planning, executing and managing programs within the global environment of the space industry.
The space systems operations management degree program focuses on providing graduates with the ability to handle space-related contracts and unique aspects of space systems acquisitions including software, hardware, personnel resources, budgeting and risk mitigation. Students also gain the skills necessary to plan, design, build, operate or manage space systems.
Core competencies of the master's in space systems management include space propulsion, space power systems, spacecraft environment, orbital mechanics and situational awareness using advanced aerospace industry software such as Analytical Graphics, Inc.'s Systems Tool Kit (STK).
Points of Distinction
- The MS in space systems operations management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Courses are taught at campuses in Colorado Springs, Denver and Peterson AFB in Colorado.
- Webster University has provided innovative higher education to residents and military personnel in the Colorado Springs metropolitan area since 1977 when the first campus was opened at Peterson Air Force Base.
- Small classes promote individual learning.
- Flexible scheduling with online courses to accommodate busy professionals.
- Faculty includes working professionals who have extensive and varied business experience.
Space Systems Operations Management Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list: