Walker EDGE: Partnerships and Intern Recruitment
Partner with Walker EDGE
The Walker EDGE Office provides professional development opportunities and resources to students both in and out of the classroom. Students are encouraged to participate in domestic or global internships prior to graduation, take Global Hybrid courses and connect with a professional mentor. Participation in these opportunities provides students a competitive EDGE that adds value to their respective organizations and better prepares them for their professional lives after college.
Partnering with Walker EDGE can provide you a year-round opportunity to tell your organization’s story and attract quality candidates for professional positions. Among their many attributes, you will discover potential employees with a solid work ethic and a global perspective.
For information on how to connect, contact:
Career Planning and Development Center
How Your Organization Can Participate:
- Recruit and Hire Walker EDGE Interns: The Walker EDGE difference means our students are informed by competent analysis, a global perspective and real world practicality.
- Provide an Internship Opportunity: Have an internship for which you would like to recruit Walker EDGE students? Contact Trezette Dixon at314-968-6982 or email@example.com.
- Participate in Mock Interview Day: Conduct mock interview sessions with Walker EDGE students.
- Be a Walker Mentor: Connect with a Walker student and share professional knowledge and insight.
- Participate in On-Campus Interviews: Select a date to interview Walker students in the East Academic Hall, home of the Walker School of Business & Technology at the main campus in Webster Groves.
- Facilitate a Workshop or Information Session: Provide students with valuable professional development, share company information and knowledge.
- Recruit Students at the Internship Fairs: This is a great opportunity to showcase your company to undergraduate and graduate students seeking opportunities within your company.
- Sponsor an Etiquette Luncheon Table: Host a table at the luncheon and help get students talking while showcasing your company.
- Have another idea? Contact Trezette Dixon at314-968-6982 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruit and Hire Walker EDGE Interns
The Walker EDGE provides domestic and multinational companies the opportunity to hire both local and global interns who are qualified, efficient, diligent and highly-motivated. Students interns come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Many are based in St. Louis, others are F-1 international interns studying in St. Louis.
Walker EDGE Interns are:
- Innovative: Walker students will provide new perspectives on organizational issues and fresh, new ideas.
- Technical: Walker students possess knowledge of the newest technology, ranging from social media to mobile computing applications.
- Prepared: Walker students complete professional development activities and/or courses prior to beginning internships to ensure professional preparedness.
Why Hire a Walker EDGE Intern?
Walker EDGE interns can assist companies with:
- Recruitment: An internship provides a valuable opportunity to assess a student's potential as a future full-time employee.
- Project Management: Walker students can assist with completing projects that would otherwise go unfinished.
- Brand Promotion: Walker students serve as brand advocates for their host companies.
Past Corporate Participants include:
- Kwame Building Group
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Laclede Gas
- Lincoln Industrial Corporation
- The Boeing Company
- MBS Textbook Exchange, Inc.
- Commerce Bank
- MO Department of Economic Development
- CPI Corporation
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- Nestlé Purina Petcare
- Forest Pharmaceuticals
- St. Louis County Economic Council
- Edward Jones
- Scottrade, Inc.
- Enterprise Holdings
- Seiler Instrument and Mfg. Company
- GfK Kynetek
- Spellman Brady and Company
- Kansas City Southern
- Thermadyne Holdings Corporation
The Walker EDGE mission is to empower students to achieve success by providing opportunities for creative, comprehensive and global professional experiences and by cultivating beneficial partnerships and connections among students, employers and the Webster University community.
- Professional Development
- EDGE Internships
- EDGE Events
- Mentor Connections
- Recruit Our Students
- EDGE FAQ
- Apply Now
- About the Walker School
- Academic Programs
- Walker EDGE
- Alumni Success
- Student Resources
- News and Events
- Walker School Dean Search
- Faculty Resources