Are you a first generation college student?
Welcome to Webster University! The following site will provide you with tips and resources to facilitate your academic success and transition at Webster!
Webster defines first generation as any student whose parents did not graduate from a four-year college or university. This means that you are the first in your family to attend a four-year college/university to attain a bachelor's degree. Being first-generation is a very proud accomplishment. We recognize that you will face unique experiences as you begin this exciting journey, and we look forward to supporting you and bringing together the first-generation student community at Webster!
Webster First is a new initiative that supports the success of Webster University students who identify as first-generation college students. Webster First is a campus-wide collaboration dedicated to providing academic resources, social and emotional support, financial literacy, opportunities for campus and community involvement, and career readiness for first generation students at Webster.
We provide both academic and social opportunities, and our programs are open to anyone who feels they may be helpful.
If you identify as a first generation student, please let us know, so that we can keep you informed of relevant programs, services, and opportunities. You can sign up for the Webster First group at involved.webster.edu.
Programs and services:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Resource Center – tutors, writing center, academic counseling, accommodations
- Transitions Program
- Summer TAP Program
- Connection Leaders
- Counseling & Life Development
- Dean of Students office – emergency loans and money for textbooks program
- Financial Aid office
- Multicultural Center and International Student Affairs
- First-Year Experience Program – programs, services, and advising to help students stay enrolled
- Office of Student Engagement – how to get involved at Webster
- Student Health Services
- Financial literacy events
Programs and Services in the planning stage (coming soon)
- Mentor program
- Reception with faculty and staff who were first generation students
- Focus groups to help us learn about your needs and interests
- First Generation Students Home
- First-Generation Student Resources
- Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Student Profiles
- Share Your Story (students)
- Share Your Story (faculty/staff)
- Parents and Families
- External Resources & Links
- Planning Committee
- Contact Us
- Ask A Question
- Campus Life
- Office of Student Engagement
- Housing at the Home Campus
- Campus Dining
- Dean of Students Office
- Health & Wellness
- State & Nat'l Voting
- Dean of Students Service Award
- Dean's Service Award Nomination Form
- Global Student Leadership Summit
- Student Life Hall of Fame
- First-Generation Students
- Bias Reporting