Welcome to the home of the 2015 Global Student Leadership Summit (GSLS)!
From March 10-13, 2015, 30 student leaders from throughout the worldwide network will gather on the home campus in St. Louis, MO to discuss leadership and advocacy in this signature event of the University's Centennial Celebration.
The Summit will provide a unique opportunity for Webster University student leaders to gain knowledge and skills, and create positive change in a global environment. By developing relationships with peers from throughout Webster’s global network, participants will gain a better understanding of the impact student involvement has on students and Webster University worldwide.
Through participating in the Webster University Global Student Leadership Summit, students will…
Individual and Campus Leadership
- identify individual learning and leadership styles and understand personal roles in group dynamics
- gain knowledge and skills to practice leadership and create positive change in a global environment
- plan activities to develop strong, global-minded student leaders on their home campus
- take a lead role in identifying future student leaders on their home campus and engaging in a mentoring relationship with them
- exchange information effectively using a global lens through verbal and nonverbal communication
- communicate ideas, opinions, and information effectively by researching, preparing and delivering a purposeful presentation to the University senior leadership
- develop an understanding of the University's strategic plan and its impact on students
- understand and have a commitment to global citizenship and inclusion, transferring this knowledge to create programs/services related to that effort on their home campus
- show sensitivity to and respect for personal and cultural differences through a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively across cultures
- develop a more pluralistic lens toward leadership and community development, and exploring leadership perspectives on a global scale
- make a commitment to responsible global citizenship, which includes personal engagement in community/world issues
Social Responsibility and the Common Good
- meet and develop relationships with peers from throughout Webster’s global network
- gain a better understanding of the impact student involvement has on students and Webster University
- develop a practical framework for ethical leadership
- demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility, sustainability, and leadership for the common good worldwide