Information Technology Management (MA)
2014-2015 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
The MA in information technology management (ITM) program is designed to educate and develop managers who can effectively manage the planning, design, selection, implementation, use, and administration of emerging and converging information and communications technologies. The program curriculum provides students with the technical knowledge and management knowledge and skills needed to effectively integrate people, information and communication technologies, and business processes in support of organizational strategic goals.
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of information technology management.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of information technology management when analyzing complex factual situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate (or synthesize) important facts, concepts, principles, and theories in the field of information technology management when developing solutions to multifaceted information technology management problems in complex factual situations.
The 36 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) or the 51 credit hours required for the master of business administration (MBA) with an emphasis in information technology management must include the following courses:
- ITM 5000 Information Technology Management: Overview (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
- ITM 5100 Information and Communications Systems and Networks (3 hours)
- ITM 5200 Project Management of Information Technology (3 hours)
- ITM 5300 Procurement and Contract Management for Information Technology (3 hours)
- ITM 5400 Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation (3 hours)
- ITM 5600 Information and Communications Security (3 hours)
- ITM 6000 Final Project in Information Technology Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses 9 hours of electives, to include ITM 5900, Issues in Information Technology Management, or other graduate elective courses offered in the program curricula of the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119