Management and Leadership (MA)
2014-2015 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective June 1, 2014
Current catalog information can be found in the 2013-14 Catalog (PDF)
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
This curriculum is designed for individuals who are seeking a graduate degree with a broad general management and leadership perspective. (Note: This program is titled Management at our Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, campus.)
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership when analyzing situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used management and leadership when developing solutions to multifaceted problems in complex situations.
The 36 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) or the 48 credit hours required for the master of business administration (MBA) must include the following courses for a major/emphasis in management and leadership:
- MNGT 5000 Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
- BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
- MNGT 5650 Management and Strategy (3 hours)
- MNGT 5670 Managerial Leadership (3 hours)
- HRDV 5630 Organization Development and Change (3 hours)
- MNGT 6000 Integrated Studies in Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
If the requisite course is waived, the student must choose an elective course from this major or from the program curriculum of another George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology major. Students pursuing dual majors who have the requisite course(s) waived will complete only the remaining required courses for the dual majors.
Students who are interested in applying to this degree program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119