Procurement and Acquisitions Management (MA)
2014-2015 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
The curriculum is designed to provide a broad theoretical and applied background in the managerial disciplines required to manage effectively the development, procurement, contracting, and channeling of material, services, and major systems.
This program is offered at a number of extended campuses in the United States. Please see the Campus Locations section of this catalog or for a list of campuses where this program is offered.
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of procurement and acquisitions management.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of procurement and acquisitions management when analyzing complex factual situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate (or synthesize) important facts, concepts, principles, and theories in the field of procurement and acquisitions management when developing solutions to multifaceted procurement and acquisitions management problems in complex factual situations.
The 36 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) or the 48 credit hours required for the master of business administration (MBA) must include the following courses for a major/emphasis in procurement and acquisitions management:
- PROC 5000 Procurement and Acquisitions Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- PROC 5810 Acquisitions Law (3 hours)
- PROC 5820 Operations Management (3 hours)
- PROC 5830 Pricing (3 hours)
- PROC 5840 Negotiations (3 hours)
- PROC 5850 Logistics (3 hours)
- PROC 6000 Integrated Studies in Procurement and Acquisitions Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
If the requisite course is waived, the student must choose an elective course from this major or from the program curriculum of another George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology major. Students pursuing dual majors who have the requisite course(s) waived will complete only the remaining required courses for the dual majors.
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119