2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014 through 31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 credit hours
This program offered by Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts/Department of Art, Design, and Art History
The Curatorial Studies certificate introduces students to the theory and practice to curate art. This certificate will provide the initial stage of preparation for further study at the graduate level. In addition to all the requirements for a BA in Art or Art History and Criticism or those of a BFA in Art, art majors can attain the Curatorial Studies certificate by successfully completing the following courses.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
- ARHS 2700 Introduction to Curatorial Studies (3 hours)
- ARHS 4700 Cultural Organizations: Structure and Theory (3 hours)
- ART 4800 Practicum (3 hours)
- Curatorial studies journal (0 hours)
Choose three at least from the following:
- ART 2212 Art, Business, and Visual Culture (3 hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practice (3 hours)
- PHIL 3120 Philosophy and Art (3 hours)
- ARHS 4600 Topics in Art History (3 hours)
- ARHS 4730 Art Theory and Criticism (3 hours)