Digital Media-Design & Production
2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014 through 31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
24 credit hours
This program offered by School of Communications/Electronic and Photographic Media Department
Vienna campus only
This certificate enables students from all backgrounds to acquire skills needed to engage into the expanding field of digital media. It is designed to serve students who have no previous experience in the design and production of digital media and who seek to enlarge upon concepts, technical aspects, theories and their application in practical work in this sector. Proficiencies gained in this program are already more than auxiliary in almost every profession but are surely of growing importance in international communication, management business, creative-industries and arts. The broad spectrum of possible practical work allows students to choose a personal emphasis in their applied studies. This certificate is only being offered at our Vienna campus.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Successful recipients of the certificate program will be able to:
- understand the basic aesthetics, concepts and technologies of convergent media;
- apply and practice the principles necessary for effective design and efficient production;
- analyze and compare existing and self-created media projects;
- incorporate professional feedback into advanced work;
- evaluate the quality of solutions in digital media.
This certificate consists of 24 required credit hours taken at Webster University.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses applied toward the certificates.
- EPMD 1000 Introduction to Media Production (3 hours)
- INTM 1600 Introduction to Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
- PHOT 1010 Digital Basic Photography (3 hours)
- MEDC 1500 Applied Media Aesthetics (3 hours)
An additional 12 credit hours are to be chosen from the following:
- INTM 2000 Writing for Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
- INTM 2200 Visual Design for Interactive Media (3 hours)
- ANIM 2010 Experimental Animation (3 hours)
- ANIM 3150 Stop-Motion Animation (requires ANIM 2010) (3 hours)
- VIDE 1000 Introduction to Video Production (3 hours)
- VIDE 2200 Field Production (requires VIDE 1000) (3 hours)
- JOUR 2300 Journalism-Layout and Design (3 hours)