2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 credit hours
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology/Management Department
Available in St. Louis and at selected international and metro locations.
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship delivers a series of entrepreneurship courses for undergraduate students in business or non-business majors. Courses promote entrepreneurial awareness and thinking among students and develop the necessary real-world skills and abilities to become self-employed or start and grow an entrepreneurial venture.
Students demonstrate these skills by developing and presenting a viable business plan to a review panel made up of successful entrepreneurs in the capstone course. Students completing the program will be awarded a Certificate in Entrepreneurship from the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology.
The program is comprised of six 3-credit hour courses. Students select individual certificate tracks specifically designed for their field of study. A common thread running through all courses provide each student with the opportunity to focus all course projects on their individual business concept.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Students must take a total of six courses from the list of courses as follows:
Entrepreneurship Core and Capstone
Required for all students
- MNGT 3700 Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (3 hours)
- BUSN 3710 Entrepreneurial Financial Management (3 hours)
- MNGT 3720 Entrepreneurial Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 4960 Entrepreneurship Certificate Project Course (Capstone) (3 hours)
Entrepreneurship Elective Courses
Students must select two courses specific to their field of study. Additional courses are being added; please see your advisor for current listing of elective courses.
Suggested Track for School of Business
- MNGT 3450 Principles of Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- MNGT 4200 Innovation, Creativity and the Entrepreneur (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Photography Majors
- PHOT 4020 The Focused Portfolio and Self Promotion (3 hours)
- PHOT 4700 Professional Photography (3 hours)
- MNGT 3600 Management in the Arts (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Music Majors
- MUSC 4360 Survey of Music Business (3 hours)
- MUSC 4370 Marketing for Musicians (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Audio Production Majors
- AUDI 4400 Audio Facility Management and Operations (3 hours)
- AUDI 4700 Professional Development in Audio Production (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Sports Business
- ECON 3737 The Business of Sports (3 hours)
- BUSN 4747 Sports Operations and Logistics (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Animation Majors
- ANIM 2000 Advanced Animation (3 hours)
- ANIM 4700 Professional Development in Animation (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Graphic Design Majors
- ART 4020 Visual Arts Seminar (3 hours)
- DESN 3800 Professional Practice in Graphic Design (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Video Production Majors
- VIDE 2100 Producing Video Productions (3 hours)
- EPMD 4700 Professional Development (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Mobile Computing
- COSC 2700 Introduction to Mobile Technology (3 hours)
- COSC 2810 Systems Analysis and Design (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Film Majors
- FILM 4570 Producing for Film (3 hours)
- FILM 4700 Professional Development in Film Production (3 hours)