2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
19 credit hours
This program offered by School of Communications/Communications and Journalism Department
The certificate program in sports journalism provides students a basic understanding of the field of sports journalism. The program combines theoretical information with writing and production experience. Webster University will issue a certificate recognizing the successful completion (C or better in all courses) of a 19-credit-hour core in sports journalism. All courses must be taken at Webster University.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Students obtaining a certificate in Sports Journalism complete a portfolio of their work as part of the requirements of JOUR 3300 Newspaper Production Workshop, under the supervision of their professor.
- Introductory level media production class (video, audio, interactive digital media, photography) (3 hours)
- JOUR 1030 Fundamentals of Reporting (3 hours)
- JOUR 1830 Broadcast Delivery and Interpretation (3 hours)
- JOUR 1930 Sports Broadcasting (3 hours)
- JOUR 3300 Newspaper Production Workshop (4 hours)
- JOUR 4050 Sports Reporting (3 hours)