2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 credit hours
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology/Math & Computer Science Department
The courses offered in the Web site design certificate provide students with the skill necessary to design sites that are visually attractive and emphasize the human-computer interface aspects of Web sites. The content of the program emphasizes basic principles of attractive design and teaches students the techniques for using graphics on interactive, presentation, and commerce Web sites. Students are encouraged to use their creative skills and artistic ability to design pages that are unique, attractive, and effectively use both text and graphics for navigation and linking. The program includes practical experience with numerous hands-on and real-life projects.
As businesses and organizations are developing and maintaining Web sites at an astonishing rate, more artistic and design expertise is required for those who develop and maintain these sites. The Web site design certificate is intended to meet that presentation need.
Minor may be taken in lieu of the certificate program. Students may choose to receive the minor or certificate but not both.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
- Students will be able to explain the concepts and features necessary for Web site development and deployment.
- Students will design and build Web sites.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to create user-centered Web sites.
- COAP 2000 Introduction to Web Programming* (3 hours)
- COAP 2150 Design Principles (3 hours)
- COAP 2170 Web Usability and Accessibility (3 hours)
- COAP 3120 Designing with Style Sheets (3 hours)
- COAP 3150 Design Principles II (3 hours)
- COAP 2100 Web Technology (3 hours)
- COAP 2110 Web Animation (3 hours)
- COAP 2120 Web Editors (3 hours)
- COAP 2160 Advanced Web Animation (3 hours)
*Students that can demonstrate HTML proficiency may choose a course substitute from
the approved elective list.
All courses available via the Internet.