2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology/Management Department
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management.
- Students will be able to identify and apply appropriate terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management when analyzing moderately complex situations.
- Students will be able to synthesize and integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used in management into solutions to moderately complex management problems.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 36 required credit hours
- Applicable university global citizenship or general education program hours
Students are required to complete at least 36 credit hours in management courses, including MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices, MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management, courses in accounting, law, and economics, as well as an overview. The required minimum distribution of coursework varies, depending on the emphasis selected by the student.
Transfer students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of academic work in the Departments of Business and Management at Webster University.
Required courses must be completed at Webster University once the student begins to matriculate at Webster University. Transfer courses taken prior to enrollment at Webster University may be used to substitute for required courses if accepted by the chair.
No more than one course completed with a grade of D may count toward fulfilling the specific requirements of the major.
At the international campuses, MNGT 3320 Business Law: International may substitute for MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law I.
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting (3 hours)
- ACCT 2025 Managerial Accounting (3 hours)
- ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics (3 hours)
- ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices (3 hours)
- MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law (3 hours)
- MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management
- MNGT 3450 Principles of Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- MNGT 3500 Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 4900 Managerial Policies and Strategies (Overview) (3 hours)
- Electives from the management (MNGT) curriculum (3 hours of this must be 3000 or above)(6 hours)
All core courses are available online.