2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014 through 31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
29 credit hours
This program offered by Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts/Department of Dance
Webster University's Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts' Department of Dance provides excellence in training through both the BA and BFA degrees. The Department explores a broad spectrum of concert dance forms - from the inherent traditionalism of classical ballet, to the risk-taking avant-garde flavor of modern dance, to the wonderful theatricality of jazz and tap.
Performance: Perform a variety of techniques and styles with a broad spectrum of expressivity and technical expertise.Integrate and successfully utilize knowledge from courses in the breadth of the discipline.
- Courses completed with a grade of D do not count toward fulfilling the specific course requirements of the major.
- All courses for a minor must be completed at Webster University.
- Courses used to fulfill a major may not be used to fulfill a requirement for a minor.
- DANC 2520 Living Anatomy and Movement (3 hours)
- DANC 2210 Dance History: Lineage Based to 20th Century (3 hours)
- DANC 1220 Improvisation I (2 hours)
- DANC 1310 and DANC 1320 Composition I (5 hours)
- Additional advanced-level work in technique, choreography, topics, independent study (DANC 2050, 2060, 2250, 3250, 3220, 3250, 3550, 3560, etc.) (1 hour)
- MUSC 1000 Fundamentals of Musicianship (3 hours)
- Minimum of one year in at least two of the following: DANC 2000-level applied dance, Tap; 3000-level applied dance, Jazz, Modern, or Ballet (12 hours)