Drama Studies in London
DRAFT 2015-2016 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Becomes Effective 1 June 2015 through 31 May 2016
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for the current 2014-2015 Catalog
or for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 credit hours
This program offered by College of Arts & Sciences/English Department
- All courses for a minor must be completed at Webster University.
- Courses completed with a grade below C- do not count toward fulfilling the requirement for a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill a major may not be used to fulfill a requirement for a minor.
The drama studies minor is designed for students who wish to take advantage of the rich opportunities for the study of the dramatic arts at our London campus. The London campus offers a number of excellent drama courses as well as the opportunity to see some of the best live theatre in the world.
To complete the drama studies minor, students must study at the London campus for at least one semester. The necessary credits for the minor may be taken entirely at the London campus, or may be supplemented with course work from the St. Louis campus.
Students must select at least two of these courses to count toward the minor:
- THEA 3030 (BACL TA 101) Introduction to Theatre Arts (3 hours)
- THEA 3040 (BACL PA 101) Topics in Theatre (3 hours)
- THEA 1050 (BACL TA 131) Theatre Appreciation (3 hours)
- THEA 3030 (BACL TA 286) British and American Musical Theatre (3 hours)
- THEA 3040 (BACL TA 380) Contemporary London Theatre (3 hours)
- ENGL 2210 Literature into Film: Shakespeare the Movie (or any other drama-related topic) (3 hours)
- ENGL 3500 Topics: Shakespeare in London I (RACL ENGL 312 Shakespeare: Comedies and Romances--London) (3 hours)
- ENGL 3500 Topics: Shakespeare in London II (RACL 313 Shakespeare: Tragedies and Histories--London) (3 hours)
Note: Students may take a total of only two Shakespeare I & II classes between the London and St. Louis campuses.
Students may select up to two classes from the following courses in the English Department to count toward the minor in drama studies:
- ENGL 2170 Creative Writing: Playwriting (3 hours)
- ENGL 3050 Topics in Drama (3 hours)
- ENGL 3100 Modern Drama (3 hours)
- ENGL 3130 Contemporary Drama (3 hours)
- ENGL 3210 Tragic Themes (3 hours)
- ENGL 4150 Shakespeare I (St. Louis) (3 hours)
- ENGL 4160 Shakespeare II (St. Louis) (3 hours)
Students may select up to two classes from the following courses in the Theatre Department to count toward the minor:
- THEA 1080 Studio Acting I (2-3 hours)
- THEA 1050 Theatre Appreciation (3 hours)
- THEA 2030 History of the Theatre: Greeks to Restoration (3 hours)
- THEA 2040 History of the Theatre: Eighteenth Century to Modern (3 hours)
- THEA 2050 History of Theatre: 1915 to Present (3 hours)
- THEA 3030 Topics in the Theatre (2-3 hours)
- MUTH 1030 History of American Musical Theatre (3 hours)