2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014 through 31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 Credit Hours
This program is offered by Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts/Department of Art, Design, and Art History
A minor in Graphic Design requires a minimum of 18 credit hours of graphic design coursework from the University curriculum completed at Webster University. Courses used to fulfill a major may not also be used to fulfill a requirement for the minor.
- All courses for a minor must be completed at Webster University.
- Courses completed with a grade below C- do not count toward fulfilling the requirement for a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill a major may not be used to fulfill a requirement for a minor.
- Demonstrate an awareness of drawing as a means to develop ideas
- Define, Identify, and illustrate design concepts and terminology
- Critically analyze design in various forms
- Utilize technical knowledge and skills applicable to the field of graphic design
- ART 1110 Introduction to Drawing (3 hours)
- DESN 1210 Design Concepts (3 hours)
- DESN 1500 Digital Visualization (3 hours)
- DESN 1220 Design: 3-D (3 hours)
- DESN 2200 Design Play (3 hours)
- DESN 2300 Type Dialogues (3 hours)
- DESN 2500 Design for Networked Media (3 hours)
- DESN 3050 Topics in Design (1-3 hours)
- DESN 3200 Design Theory and Methods (3 hours)
- ART 3060 Text and Image (3 hours)
- ART 3610 Printmaking: Silkscreen (3 hours)
- ART 3690 Book Arts (3 hours)
- ART 3710 Color Photographics (3 hours)