2014-2015 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2014?31 May 2015
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF version of past catalogs.
18 credit hours
This program offered by College of Arts & Sciences/Legal Studies Department
The minor program in Legal Studies is appropriate for students who are pursuing a career that has a significant connection to law and legal matters and who wish to deepen their understanding of the legal system. The Legal Studies minor will complement the skills gained in a student's major through practical assignments including legal research, legal reasoning, and legal writing.
Please note that the Legal Studies minor is not approved by the American Bar Association and does not prepare students to work as paralegals or legal assistants.
- All courses for a minor must be completed at Webster University.
- Courses completed with a grade below C- do not count toward fulfilling the requirement for a minor.
- Courses used to fulfill a major may not be used to fulfill a requirement for a minor.
In addition to the requirements for all minors listed above, the following additional criteria apply:
- LEGL 2080 Topics in Law (6 hours)
- LEGL 2400 Introduction to Law (3 hours)
- LEGL 3490 or LEGL 3500 Civil Litigation or Criminal Litigation (3 hours)
Any Legal Studies Courses at the 3000 level or above (6 hours)