DRAFT 2017-2018 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2017 through 31 May 2018
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program is offered by the Walker School of Business & Technology.
This certificate is designed for students with either a business or computer science background. It provides an excellent foundation in data analytics within a business context. A knowledge of such skills is critical for all business professionals, regardless of their primary responsibilities, in the 21st century. This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or as one that provides vital complementary skills in other master's level programs such as the MBA.
This program is offered at the St. Louis home campus.
At the end of the program students will be able to:
- Explain the role of various databases in organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and utilize data warehouses.
- Apply statistical, data analytic, and data mining techniques for solving problems involving big data.
- Develop meaningful reports and presentations of data analytics appropriate to a technical and non-technical audience.
- CSIS 5300 Database Systems (3 hours)
- BUSN 5760 Applied Business Statistics (3 hours)
- CSIS 5320 Data Analytics Foundations (3 hours)
- CSIS 5420 Data Mining (3 hours)
All courses must be taken at Webster University.
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119