Fundamentals of Multimedia Production
2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by School of Communications
The certificate in the fundamentals of multimedia production provides students with the basic understanding of how to produced varied multi-platform content for today's modern workplace. This certificate is stackable with the certificate in advanced new media production. Completion of both of those certificates would provide a student with two certificates that also equal the master of arts (MA) in new media production.
The fundamentals of multimedia production certificate provides students with the production basics in website construction, audio and video production and an introduction to integrating multimedia projects with social networking. This certificate will build on the production skills students already have while providing a basic understanding of the full range of multimedia production.
This program is offered at the St. Louis home campus.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency on multiple digital platforms and possess multiple digital skill sets as part of a modem production process and should be able to perform those skills in a professional environment.
- Students will develop proficiency in using various media platforms as part of the storytelling process.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of various approaches to employing multimedia storytelling to the social media environment.
Students must complete 18 credit hours of course work, including all of the following courses:
- NPRO 5000 New Media Tools (3 hours)
- NPRO 5100 Written Storytelling (3 hours)
- NPRO 5200 Audio Storytelling (3 hours)
- NPRO 5300 Visual Storytelling (3 hours)
- Electives (6 hours)
Students may take 6 credit hours of elective courses as part of the overall requirement for 18 credit hours of course work. The six hours of course work may come only from the following list of approved electives.
- MEDC 5600 Introduction to Interactive Communication (3 hours)
- FTVP 5330 Digital Graphics & Motion Graphics Production (3 hours)
- AUDI 5220 Podcast Production & Promotion (3 hours)
- FTVP 5310 Fundamentals of Video Cameras & Lighting (3 hours)
- PHOT 5060 Digital Images & Storytelling (3 hours)
- FTVP 5331 Video Editing & Webisode Creation (3 hours)
- INTM 5630 Digital Design & Information Graphic Production (3 hours)
- INTM 5640 Multimedia Production for Websites & Mobile Applications (3 hours)
- NPRO 5650 Special Topics in New Media Production (3 hours)
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119