2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by College of Arts & Sciences
The nurse educator certificate is an 18-credit-hour program designed for the registered nurse who has completed his or her MSN and is interested in a nursing education focus. Curriculum covers the latest in nursing education theory.
This program is offered at the St. Louis home campus and select Corporate Partner sites.
The 18 credit hours required for this certificate include the following courses:
- NURN 5210 Instructional Methods in Nursing (3 hours)
- NURN 5220 Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 hours)
- NURN 5380 Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Advanced Assessment for Nurse Educators I (3 hours)
- NURN 5390 Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Advanced Assessment for Nurse Educators II (3 hours)
- NURN 5230 Teaching Practicum in Nursing I (3 hours)
- NURN 5240 Teaching Practicum in Nursing II (3 hours)
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should also see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Special Admission Requirements
- 3.0 grade point average
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Proof of RN licensure
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience
- Résumé describing scope, responsibility, and function of work experience
- Completion of application with fees
- 3 recommendations, form provided
- Official transcripts
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
OR submit electronically at email@example.com
Webster University's nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road N.E., Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326, 404-975-5000.