2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by College of Arts & Sciences
The nurse leader certificate is a 12-credit-hour program designed for the registered nurse who has completed his or her MSN and is interested in a focus on leadership in nursing. The curriculum helps students develop advanced knowledge in leading and managing nurses in a complex healthcare environment.
This program is offered at the St. Louis home campus and select Corporate Partner sites.
The 12 credit hours required for this certificate include the following courses:
- NURN 5410 Leadership in Nursing (3 hours)
- NURN 5420 Financial Issues for Nurse Leaders (3 hours)
- NURN 5440 Leadership in Nursing Practicum I (3 hours)
- NURN 5450 Leadership in Nursing Practicum II (3 hours)
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should also see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Special Admission Requirements
- 3.0 grade point average
- Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Proof of RN licensure
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience
- Résumé describing scope, responsibility, and function of work experience
- Completion of application with fees
- 3 recommendations, form provided
- Official transcripts
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119
OR submit electronically at email@example.com
Webster University's nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road N.E., Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326, 404-975-5000.