Business and Organizational Security Management (MA)
DRAFT 2015-2016 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Becomes Effective 1 June 2015 through 31 May 2016
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for the current 2014-2015 Catalog
or for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
The complexities of modern society have combined to generate a variety of threats to business organizations, information networks, military installations, government operations, and individuals. The curriculum of the program is based primarily on the social sciences. The program is designed to give maximum exposure to security management skills and to provide flexibility for the specific needs of the individual student. The content of the business and organizational security management program complements and assists the student in preparation for the Certified Protection Professional Program.
This program is offered online and at a number of campuses in the United States. Please see the Campus Locations section of this catalog for a list of campuses where this program is offered.
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of business and organizational security management.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of business and organizational security management when analyzing complex situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate important facts, concepts, principles, and theories used in business and organizational security management when developing solutions to multifaceted business and organizational security management problems in complex situations.
The 37 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) or the 55 credit hours required for the master of business administration (MBA) with an emphasis in business and organizational security management must include the following courses:
- SECR 5000 Security Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- SECR 5010 Legal and Ethical Issues in Security Management (3 hours)
- SECR 5020 Security Administration and Management (3 hours)
- SECR 5030 Business Assets Protection (3 hours)
- SECR 5060 Emergency Planning (3 hours)
- SECR 5080 Information Systems Security (3 hours)
- SECR 5090 Behavioral Issues (3 hours)
- SECR 6000 Integrated Studies in Security Management (3 hours)
- WSBT 5000 Career Success for the 21st Century (1 hour)
In addition, the student chooses elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
If the requisite course is waived, the student must choose an elective course from this major or from the program curriculum of another George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology major. Students pursuing dual majors who have the requisite course(s) waived will complete only the remaining required courses for the dual majors.
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119