Change Leadership (MA)
2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
This curriculum is contained in a series of stackable certificates in change leadership. Each certificate contains 12 credit hours (four courses). Taken together, the three certificates equal 36 credit hours. To be awarded this degree, the student must complete the one-credit-hour WSBT 5000 Career Success for the 21st Century course and the following certificates:
- Graduate Certificate in Change Leadership: Foundations
- Graduate Certificate in Change Leadership: Managing Teamwork and Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Change Leadership: Managing Complexity for Total System Results
This program is offered at the Peterson Air Force Base campus.
- Students will be able to create a change leader learning portfolio.
- Students will be able to create an ongoing change leader and OD (organizational development) professional development plan.
- Students will able to reflect on their progress as strategic thinkers and change leaders over the course of the three certificates, which constitute the masters programs.
- Students will be able to deconstruct their own professional biases in the face of client feedback or contrary evidence.
The 37 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) must include the following courses for a major in change leadership:
- CHNG 5000 Practicing Change Leadership (3 hours)
- CHNG 5100 Change Leader Self-Mastery (3 hours)
- CHNG 5200 Change Leader Expertise for Business Results (3 hours)
- CHNG 5300 Data-Driven Change Leadership and Measurement (3 hours)
- CHNG 5400 Designing, Building, and Leading Effective Teams (3 hours)
- CHNG 5450 Managing Communication During Change (3 hours)
- CHNG 5600 Diversity and Inclusion (3 hours)
- CHNG 5700 Facilitating Change in High Performing Organizations (3 hours)
- CHNG 5800 Achieving Breakthrough Results (3 hours)
- CHNG 5900 Facilitating Emergent Change (3 hours)
- CHNG 5950 Change Leadership in a Global Context (3 hours)
- CHNG 6000 Capstone Project (3 hours)
- WSBT 5000 Career Success for the 21st Century (1 hour)
Students who are interested in applying to this certificate program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admissions
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119