Health Care Management (MA)
2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
The objective of this curriculum is to provide directors and potential directors of nursing school institutions who are already qualified, trained, and experienced, with advanced training in health care management.
This program is available only in Geneva, Switzerland, and the courses are taught in French.
The MA in health care management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of health care management.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field health care management when analyzing complex factual situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate (or synthesize) important facts, concepts, principles, and theories in the field of health care management when developing solutions to multifaceted health care management problems in complex factual situations.
The 37 credit hours required for the master of arts (MA) must include the following courses for a major/emphasis in health care management:
- HEAL 5000 Advanced Theories and Concepts in Health Care (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- HEAL 5200 Professional Values and Ethics in Health Care (3 hours)
- HEAL 5210 Program Development in Health Care (3 hours)
- HEAL 5220 Politics and Economics of Health Care (3 hours)
- HEAL 5140 The Law and Health Services (3 hours)
- HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
- BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
- HEAL 6000 Integrated Studies in Health Care (3 hours)
- WSBT 5000 Career Success for the 21st Century (1 hour)
Students who are interested in applying to this degree program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
Webster University Geneva
Route de Collex 15
CH-1293 Bellevue, Switzerland