Master of Marketing (MMkt)
DRAFT 2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
This catalog becomes effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Graduate Catalog Archives for a PDF version of the current 2015-16 Catalog,
as well as for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology
The objective of the marketing core is to provide an opportunity for students to study the dynamic impact of the business environment and human behavior on marketing endeavors. Included in this analysis is an examination of effective marketing practices, procedures and analytical required to produce impactful marketing decisions.
This program is offered at the St. Louis home campus and at select U.S and international campuses. Please see the Campus Locations section of this catalog for a list of campuses where this program is offered.
The master of marketing is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of marketing.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of marketing when analyzing complex marketing situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate (or synthesize) important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in the field of marketing as demonstrated through the successful development of a marketing plan.
The 37 credit hours required for the master of marketing or the 49 credit hours required for the master of business administration (MBA) must include the following courses for a major/emphasis in marketing:
- MRKT 5000 Marketing (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- MRKT 5610 Marketing Channel Management (3 hours)
- MRKT 5720 Promotional Management (3 hours)
- MRKT 5730 International Marketing (3 hours)
- MRKT 5740 Management of Digital Marketing (3 hours)
- MRKT 5850 Marketing Research (3 hours)
- MRKT 5890 Marketing Statistics
or BUSN 5760 Business Statistics (3 hours)
- MRKT 5895 Marketing Analytics (3 hours)
- MRKT 5960 Marketing Management (3 hours)
- MRKT 6000 Integrated Studies in Marketing (3 hours)
- WSBT 5000 Career Success for the 21st Century (1 hour)
In addition, the student chooses elective courses offered in this major (courses with an MRKT prefix) and/or from the following list:
- NPLR 5020 Essentials of Marketing and Resource Development in Nonprofits (3 hours)
- ADVT 5410 Fundamentals of Branding
- CSIS 5420 Data Mining
- BUSN 6169 Integrated Business Processes and ERP
If the requisite course is waived, the student must choose an elective course from this major. Students pursuing dual majors who have the requisite course(s) waived will complete only the remaining required courses for the dual majors.
Students who are interested in applying to this degree program should see the Admission Section of this catalog for general requirements.
Send all admission materials to:
Office of Admission
470 E. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119