DRAFT 2017-2018 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2017 through 31 May 2018
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program is offered by the School of Communications/Communications and Journalism Department.
Broadcast journalism in its traditional form, offers opportunities for students in over 200 markets across the United States and countless markets across the world. The certificate in broadcast journalism enables students to focus on broadcast journalism news gathering techniques.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Successful graduates of this program will be able to:
- Recognize global issues in the news.
- Enumerate how journalism story presentation differs through the world.
- Identify and create the components of news presentation across platforms.
- Demonstrate news writing skills, complete interviews and construct news stories for broadcast and digital delivery.
- Demonstrate curiosity about the news.
- Display entrepreneurial skills.
- JOUR 1020 Introduction to Media Production for Journalists (3 hours)
- JOUR 1030 Fundamentals of Reporting (3 hours)
- JOUR 1830 Broadcast Delivery and Interpretation (3 hours)
- JOUR 2850 Radio-TV News Reporting (3 hours)
- JOUR 3580 Radio Reporting and Production (3 hours)
- JOUR 3590 Television News Reporting and Producing (3 hours)