Digital Media-Design & Production
DRAFT 2017-2018 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2017 through 31 May 2018
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program is offered by the School of Communications/Electronic and Photographic Media Department.
Vienna campus only
This certificate enables students from all backgrounds to acquire skills needed to engage into the expanding field of digital media. It is designed to serve students who have no previous experience in the design and production of digital media and who seek to enlarge upon concepts, technical aspects, theories and their application in practical work in this sector. Proficiencies gained in this program are already more than auxiliary in almost every profession but are surely of growing importance in international communication, management, creative-industries and arts. The broad spectrum of possible practical work allows students to choose a personal emphasis in their applied studies. This certificate is being offered only at our Vienna campus.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Successful recipients of the certificate program will be able to:
- Understand the basic aesthetics, concepts and technologies of convergent media.
- Apply and practice the principles necessary for effective design and efficient production.
- Analyze and compare existing and self-created media projects.
- Incorporate professional feedback into advanced work.
- Evaluate the quality of solutions in digital media.
This certificate consists of 18 required credit hours taken at Webster University.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses applied toward the certificates.
The total 18 credit hours are to be chosen from the following:
- ANIM 1020 3D Animation Production: Core Concepts (3 hours)
- ANIM 2010 Experimental Animation (3 hours)
- EPMD 1000 Introduction to Media Production (3 hours)
- FTVP 1000 Introduction to Film, Television and Video Production (3 hours)
- FTVP 2200 Cinematography (3 hours)
- GAME 2000 Introduction to Video Game Theory and Design (3 hours)
- INTM 1600 Introduction to Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
- INTM 2000 Writing for Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
- INTM 2200 Visual Design for Interactive Media (3 hours)
- JOUR 2300 Journalism-Layout and Design (3 hours)
- MEDC 1500 Applied Media Aesthetics (3 hours)
- PHOT 1010 Digital Basic Photography (3 hours)
- Topics courses in any area of media production can be taken up to two times (3-6 credit hours)