Interactive Digital Media
2016-2017 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by School of Communications/Electronic and Photographic Media Department
St. Louis and Geneva campuses
Students learn critical skills and develop content for an interactive and digital media context. The acquisition of skills in content development and technical applications is important for students majoring in any field who want to share their ideas with others. The Certificate in Interactive Digital Media is only available to students not majoring in Interactive Digital Media.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Successful graduates of this program will be able to:
- author and critique messages across all areas of mediated communications;
- demonstrate technical proficiency in interactive media skills;
- apply interactive techniques and theories in producing a portfolio of work.
- This certificate consists of 18 required credit hours taken at Webster University.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses applied toward the certificates.
- Minor may be taken in lieu of the certificate program. Students may choose to receive the minor or certificate but not both.
- INTM 1600 Introduction to Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
- INTM 2200 Visual Design for Interactive Digital Media (3 hours)
or INTM 2350 Digital Production Tools (3 hours)
- INTM 3050 Information Architecture (3 hours)
- INTM 3100 Programming for Web Communications (3 hours)
- INTM 3200 Interface Design (3 hours)
- INTM 3300 Animation Techniques and Practices for Interactive Media (3 hours)
or INTM 2000 Strategic Writing for Interactive Media (3 hours)