2016-2017 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology/Management Department
Available only at Geneva campus.
This program is designed for working adults with several years of organizational experience. It offers specialized courses in the various phases of pricing, promoting, and distributing products or services to the consumer. Classes are taught by working professionals who bring professional expertise as well as academic competence to the program.
In addition to the six courses in marketing, the program includes three requisite courses in accounting, economics, and management. The six core courses must be completed in residence at Webster University. A certificate in marketing is issued on successful completion of the program with C or better in all courses and an overall GPA of 2.5.
A student may not complete both a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in marketing and a certificate in marketing.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Requisite Courses (9 hours)
These courses may either be taken at Webster University or transferred.
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting (3 hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices (3 hours)
- ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics (3 hours)
Marketing Core Courses (18 hours)
These courses must be taken in residence at Webster University.
- MNGT 3500 Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 3510 Advertising (3 hours)
- MNGT 3550 Public Relations (3 hours)
- MNGT 4330 International Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 4570 Marketing Research (3 hours)
- MNGT 4920 Marketing Strategies (Overview) (3 hours)