2016-2017 UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES CATALOG
Effective 1 June 2016 through 31 May 2017
Please see the Undergraduate Catalog Archives for PDF versions of past catalogs.
This program offered by Walker School of Business & Technology/Math & Computer Science Department
The courses offered in the website development certificate provide students with basic knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop professional websites. The content of the program emphasizes the technical development of the site, including the use of HTML programming, additional markup and scripting languages, and other tools to manipulate data on a Web site.
Students are encouraged to use their creative skills and artistic ability as well, to design pages that are unique, attractive, and effective in communicating information. The program includes practical experience with numerous hands-on and real-life projects.
As businesses and organizations are developing and maintaining websites at an astonishing rate, more technical and programming expertise is required for those who develop and maintain these sites. The website development certificate is designed to meet that particular need.
Minor may be taken in lieu of the certificate program. Students may choose to receive the minor or certificate but not both.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of Web application development and deployment.
- Students will be able to design and implement Web applications using the knowledge gained from the program.
- Students will be able to test and document a Web application.
- COAP 2000 Introduction to Web Programming (Prerequisite) (3 hours)
- COAP 2100 Web Technology Principles (3 hours)
- COAP 2130 Web Scripting (3 hours)
- COAP 2180 Introduction to XML (3 hours)
- COAP 3000 Advanced Web Scripting (3 hours)
- COAP 3110 Interactive Site Development (3 hours)
- COAP 3180 Web Databases (3 hours)
All courses available via the Internet.