Certificate in Practical and Interdisciplinary Ethics
Should we pursue research on stem cells? How much truth is required in advertising? Is globalization good for the environment? These are some of the questions you will explore as you pursue a Certificate in Practical and Interdisciplinary Ethics at Webster University. In studying ethics, you have the opportunity to reflect on matters of pressing importance, to anticipate and respond to moral dilemmas, and to think deeply about what kind of life one ought to lead.
Earning a Certificate in Practical and Interdisciplinary Ethics will enable you to:
- Analyze ethical issues from the perspectives of various disciplines, professions, and cultures
- Assure potential employers that you have considered the ethical aspects of professional conduct
- Gain a greater awareness of ethical issues.
- Apply your academic work to community projects and service
- Enhance your academic work with community service
- Vote and shape public policy in an informed and thoughtful manner
The undergraduate certificate in practical and interdisciplinary ethics provides students the opportunity to identify a concentration in the study of ethics. The program allows students to analyze the moral issues that arise in various disciplines, fields, and professions, and sharpens their analytical skills by providing them with a solid foundation in ethical theory. The certificate program is open to any Webster University student, as well as to individuals not currently enrolled who meet the general requirements for admission to the University.