Certificate in Video Game Foundations
The certificate in video game foundations identifies the intellectual and artistic aspects of video games. It is designed to augment many existing programs of study, such as computer science, animation, creative writing, interactive media, audio and filmmaking, helping students to gear their work to participate in the gaming industry.
Students will be able to:
- Identify and interpret video and traditional gaming concepts
- Define the cultural and historical significance of the gaming medium
- Critique video and traditional games from a number of standpoints
- Write and tell stories appropriate to the gaming medium
- Collaborate, interact and create shared experiences
- Recognize current industry trends
This certificate consists of 18 required credit hours taken at Webster University. Students must earn a grade of C- or better in all courses applied toward the certificates. For full details, review the program requirements.