Certificate in Video Game Foundations
Video game culture is becoming a social norm in many parts of the world today. As video games have become one of the largest global consumer markets, they have become more than entertainment and are even used as learning tools.
The Certificate in Video Game Foundations identifies the intellectual and artistic aspects of video games. It is designed to augment many existing programs of study, such as computer science, animation, creative writing, interactive media, audio and filmmaking, helping students to gear their work to participate in the gaming industry.
Students will be able to:
- Identify and interpret video and traditional gaming concepts
- Define the cultural and historical significance of the gaming medium
- Critique video and traditional games from a number of standpoints
- Write and tell stories appropriate to the gaming medium
- Collaborate, interact and create shared experiences
- Recognize current industry trends
Video Game Foundations Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list: