Certificate in Website Design
The courses offered in the Web site design certificate provide students with the skill necessary to design sites that are visually attractive and emphasize the human-computer interface aspects of Web sites. The content of the program emphasizes basic principles of attractive design and teaches students the techniques for using graphics on interactive, presentation, and commerce Web sites. Students are encouraged to use their creative skills and artistic ability to design pages that are unique, attractive, and effectively use both text and graphics for navigation and linking. The program includes practical experience with numerous hands-on and real-life projects.
As businesses and organizations are developing and maintaining Web sites at an astonishing rate, more artistic and design expertise is required for those who develop and maintain these sites. The Web site design certificate is intended to meet that presentation need.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content
- Students will be able to explain the concepts and features necessary for Web site development and deployment
- Students will design and build Web sites
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to create user-centered Web sites
This certificate has 18 required credit hours. The web design minor may be taken in lieu of the certificate program. Students may choose to receive the minor or certificate but not both. For complete information, review the program requirements.